A curated list of awesome MySQL software, libraries and resources.
This list accepts and encourages pull requests. See CONTRIBUTING
Performance, structure & data analysis tools
- Anemometer - Box SQL slow query monitor.
- innodb-ruby - A parser for InnoDB file formats, in Ruby.
- innotop - a ‘top’ clone for MySQL with many features and flexibility.
- Prometheus/mysqld_exporter - Time series database for real-time monitoring and alerting.
- pstop - a top-like program for MySQL, collecting, aggregating and displaying information from performance_schema.
- mysql-statsd - A Python daemon to collect information from MySQL and send it via StatsD to Graphite.
- MySQLTuner-perl - A script that allows you to review a MySQL installation quickly and make adjustments to increase performance and stability.
- MyDumper - Logical, parallel backup/dumper tool for MySQL
- MySQLDumper - open-source web based backup tool - useful for shared webhosting
- Percona Xtrabackup - an open-source hot backup utility for MySQL - based servers that doesn’t lock your database during the backup.
Tools to stress your servers
- iibench-mysql - Java based version of the Index Insertion Benchmark for MySQL/Percona/MariaDB.
- Sysbench - a modular, cross-platform and multi-threaded benchmark tool.
- TPCC-MySQL - A port of the popular TPCC benchmark for MySQL.
Scripts integrated into chat rooms
MySQL sample configuration and advisors
MySQL connectors for various programming languages
- Connector/Python - a standardized database driver for Python platforms and development.
- Connector/Net - a standardized database driver for .Net platforms and development.
- Connector/J - a standardized database driver for the Java platforms and development.
- DBD::mysql - MySQL driver for the Perl5 Database Interface.
- go-sql-driver - a lightweight and fast MySQL-Driver for Go’s (golang) database/sql package.
- libAttachSQL - libAttachSQL is a lightweight, non-blocking C API for MySQL servers.
- MariaDB Java Client - LGPL-licensed MariaDB Client Library for Java Applications.
- mysqlclient-python - (Old) MySQL database connector for Python.
- PHP mysqlnd - MySQL native driver for MySQL, deprecating older libmysql based driver.
- PyMySQL - MySQL database connector for Python.
- Ruby Mysql2 gem - MySQL driver for Ruby and Rails projects.
MySQL deployment tools
- MySQL Docker - Official Docker images.
- MySQL Sandbox - a tool that installs one or more MySQL servers within seconds, easily, securely, and with full control.
Tools to support MySQL-related development
- Flywaydb - Database migrations; Evolve your database schema easily and reliably across all your instances
- Liquibase - Source control for your database
- Propagator - Centralized schema & data deployment on a multi-everything topology
- Shift - An application that helps you run schema migrations on MySQL databases
GUI frontends & applications
- Adminer - Database management in a single PHP file.
- HeidiSQL - MySQL GUI frontend for Windows.
- MySQL Workbench - provides DBAs and developers an integrated tools environment for database design & modeling; SQL devleopment; database administration.
- phpMyAdmin - a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web.
- SequelPro - a Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases.
- mycli - A Terminal Client for MySQL with AutoCompletion and Syntax Highlighting.
- SQLyog Community edition - SQLyog Community edition. For Windows, works fine under wine in Mac and Linux
High availability solutions
- Galera Cluster - a true Multimaster Cluster based on synchronous replication.
- MariaDB Replication Manager - a high availability solution to manage MariaDB 10.x GTID replication.
- MHA - Master High Availability Manager and tools for MySQL
- MySQL Fabric - an extensible framework for managing farms of MySQL Servers.
- Percona Replication Manager - Asynchronous MySQL replication manager agent for Pacemaker. Supports file and GTID based replication, geo-distributed clusters using booth.
Proxies to MySQL
- MaxScale - open-source, database-centric proxy.
- Mixer - a MySQL proxy powered by Go which aims to supply a simple solution for MySQL sharding.
- MySQL Proxy - A simple program that sits between your client and MySQL server(s) that can monitor, analyze or transform their communication.
- ProxySQL - High performance proxy for MySQL.
- MySQL Router - MySQL Router is lightweight middleware that provides transparent routing between your application and any backend MySQL Servers.
Replication related software
- orchestrator - MySQL replication topology management and visualization tool.
- Tungsten Replicator - A high performance, open source, data replication engine for MySQL.
- common_schema - DBA’s framework for MySQL, providing a function library, views library and QueryScript interpreter.
- sys - A collection of views, functions and procedures to help MySQL administrators get insight in to MySQL Database usage.
MySQL server flavors
- vitess - vitess provides servers and tools which facilitate scaling of MySQL databases for large scale web services.
- jetpants - An automation suite for managing large range sharding clusters, by Tumblr.
Toolkits, general purpose scripts
- go-mysql - A pure go library to handle MySQL network protocol and replication.
- MySQL Utilities - a collection of command-line utilities, written in Python, that are used for maintaining and administering MySQL servers, either individually, or within Replication hierarchies.
- Percona Toolkit - a collection of advanced command-line tools to perform a variety of MySQL server and system tasks that are too difficult or complex to perform manually.
- gh-ost - GitHub’s online schema migration for MySQL.
- openark kit - a set of utilities that solve everyday maintenance tasks, which may be complicated or time consuming to do by hand, written in Python.
- UnDROP - a tool to recover data from dropped or corrupted InnoDB tables.
At this stage “resources” will not include websites, blogs, slides, presentation videos, etc. in fear of list size
Public, recurring conferences on and around MySQL
- FOSDEM - a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate. Annually, in Brussels. Offers “MySQL & friends” room.
- MySQL Central - Oracle’s annual MySQL conference, as part of Oracle Open World.
- Percona Live - MySQL & Openstack focused conference.
- SCALE - A community organized Linux and Open Source conference held annually in Southern California. The local MySQL community runs a track under the name MySQL Community Day.
e-books as well as relevant materials on and around MySQL
- SQL-exercise - contains several SQL exercises, including the schema description figure, SQL code to build schema, questions and solutions in SQL. Based on wikibook SQL Exercises.
Public, ongoing video & audio casts. This excludes conference presentations in fear of list size
- DBHangOps - a bi-weekly google hangout meeting of various members of the MySQL community that simply want to talk shop about MySQL in their day-to-day .
- OurSQL Podcast - The MySQL database community podcast.
Newsletters require an email address, by definition. List below are newsletters that require nothing but an email address